Kinley had never been in any type of school or daycare before. She had been around other kids in childcare at CrossFit but that was the extent of it. When we moved to Tyler, especially when we found out that we were expecting another baby, I decided that a Mother's Day Out might be a good idea. It would give me a few hours a week to get a few things done and have a little me time. Plus, it would get her around other kids. After it was recommended by some friends of ours, we ended up deciding to try Mother's Day Out at Southern Oaks Baptist Church. They just happened to have one opening for her age when I called. I went and looked at it and signed her up that same day.
Her 1st day of school was on July 6th. I took these pictures at home before her first day of school. She looks happy in all these pictures. At drop off, not so much! She cried, had a death grip on my neck and didn't want to let go or go in. I just had to rip the band aid off and leave her. Her notes from that day said she had a blast though! I think she adjusted quickly. Now she definitely absolutely LOVES school! She gets excited when it's time to go and wants to go see her teachers and other kids. She goes on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-2:30.
When she started in the summer, she was a Green Seedling. This fall, she moved up a class to the Green Sprouts with Ms. Stephanie and Ms. Bethany, and she will be there until the end of spring semester. They start out on the playground so drop off is easy. Most days she doesn't even look back at me before she runs off to play! She is always super excited when I pick her up though and runs up to me and says "Mommy!" I was worried about her napping at school in a room full of other kids, but evidently she naps great. Since the fall she started eating in the big cafeteria with the older classes. At her school, they have chapel and either music or movement every day. She also brings home the cutest little crafts and things she makes at school.
I think her going to school a few hours a week has been good for her and a nice little break for me! I'm not sure why we didn't do it sooner.




No comments:
Post a Comment