Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Our New House in Tyler

Before I start recapping July 2017, I wanted to post some pictures of our new house in Tyler. I can't believe it's been almost a year since we initially came to town to look for a house. 

A couple of these pictures of the front of the house are actually from the original real estate listing because I haven't taken any updated ones. 
This was taken when we came and looked at houses. Since this pictures was taken, we've planted a crepe myrtle in the front yard. If we could change one thing about the house, I think it would definitely be having a 3 car garage.
Most of the indoor pictures,  I took back in early fall which is the reason there are some fall decorations around the house. The only recent pictures are Kinley's room and Cutler's room. 

This is as you walk in our front door. 
On the left was initially an office. Our house is technically a 3 bedroom house with an office and a separate media room. Our spare bedroom was what is now Cutler's room. When we found out we were expecting a baby, we sold our desk and we converted the office to the spare bedroom so that we still had somewhere comfortable for people to stay when they visited. Colt put a frost covering on the glass to make it more private. 
This is the right side of the entry. Down the little hall is a bathroom and Cutler's room. 
Our living room

I love how this wall turned out. It wasn't planned to be a collage wall. We just started adding as we were putting stuff on the walls. 
From the living room looking into the kitchen
Our kitchen... everyone comments on our refrigerator, and yes, I love it. I also love cooking on a gas stove. I've never had one. Now, I definitely prefer it.
I didn't take a picture of our pantry, but the white door is our pantry.
Our dining area... including Kinley's little dining area
You can see Lucky peeking in from the back porch.
To the back right of the living room is our master bedroom and master bathroom. 
Since these pictures were taken, the gray rocking chair, which was in Kinley's room, got moved to Cutler's room. 
Since we have room at this house, my mom brought me my Mamaw's (my Dad's mom's) old sewing machine down.
The master bathroom
Our shower initially didn't have a door. We thought it would be too cold so we had one installed before we moved in. We also had all the blinds installed throughout the house before we moved in. 
Our bathroom actually does not have a bathtub. The only bathtub in the whole house is actually in  the bathroom between Kinley's room and the media room. I normally wouldn't mind not having a bathtub. I never take baths, but now that I'm pregnant and I'm sure post-pregnancy, a bath every once in a while would be nice. I can always go to Kinley's bathroom if I really need one though!
Our closet... in addition to more hanging space on the right side, the right side has shelving for shoes.
This is going out of the front left of the kitchen. It's where you enter the house from the garage and also where the little mud area and laundry room is. 
In the laundry room, I always want hanging space. There really wasn't a place for Colt to add a shelf with a bar for me like he did in our past two houses. Instead, he came up with this hanging rod above the sink which is very handy. It just hangs from the ceiling.
Then he built this on the opposite wall for me to hang other clothes to dry on. He got frustrated when he made this for me because I sent him a link that evidently had bad directions. He would've been better off just doing it from scratch, and it would've saved him a lot of time! I sure am glad he is handy and can do build things for me though!
This hall leads off the kitchen and dining area on the back left side of the house. The door on the right of the hall leads to the media room. Straight ahead is a bathroom. To the left is a storage closet and Kinley's room. 
Colt's media room... He's not quite ready to give up his media room and make it a playroom just yet!
This is a little wet bar area off of the media room. When we got rid of our office, we moved a lot of our books, printer and office stuff to this area. 

Back in the hall
Kinley's bathroom... I guess it will become both kids' bathrooms considering it is the only tub in the house. 

The storage closet it right outside of Kinley's room. It's really came in handy. Rather than using it as a linen closet or whatever, it's became a toy closet, which is nice!
Kinley's room
I just took these. When we initially moved in, we still had her crib set up in her room before she started sleeping full time in her big girl bed. All those stuffed animals on her bed, she sleeps with every, single night!

Her little reading corner
She isn't potty trained yet. Hopefully in the next few months, we can break her and get rid of the diaper pail, changing pad and diapers. I'm not even really attempting until after Cutler gets here. 
We did the clay hand and footprint when Kinley was a newborn. We plan on doing the same with Cutler and hanging in his room.
The spare bedroom that was formerly an office
The hall bathroom right outside of Cutler's room
Last, but not least, Cutler's new room
I don't have any pictures of the back porch or back of the house yet. We have updated it since we initially moved in. We've extended the concrete on the patio. We've planted trees. A few months ago, we added a gable patio cover that turned out way bigger than Colt originally thought! It looks great though! Just recently, Colt built a space for our outdoor grill. He also bought a big fountain that someone was selling online, cleaned it up and put it on the back porch. I know that Colt has pictures on his phone of all of these projects. I'll have to post them later. We are looking forward to when the weather gets nice and enjoying our back porch and backyard.

We are happy here in our new house. Although it's not like the floorplan that we had planned to build in Waco, and there are definitely a few little things that we would change here and there, it's kinda perfect for us right now. We use every bit of the house and don't have a lot of wasted space. We love the location. We like our neighbors. We're about to have a lot of kids move across the street that will be the same age as our kids. I could see us staying here for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment