Now on to the actual party to celebrate Kinley turning 2!
The birthday girl before everyone arrived
We set up Kinley's little blow up pool in the backyard for the littlest ones to play in.
Her pool was going to be our only activity really in the backyard, but Grandma and Papa went big. They bought this huge blowup water slide for Kinley's birthday present. It was definitely a party hit. The kids had a blast on it. Kinley wasn't scared of it at all either. Even though she had to get a little push to get up to the top most of the time, she loved it. I'm sure she will have even more fun playing on it this next summer.
This was just her checking it all out before the water started and everyone got there.
I don't think she was real sure what to think at first when everyone was singing Happy Birthday to her. I think she enjoyed it though and enjoyed being the center of attention!
Here is the video of her blowing out her candles.
Some of the kids eating their snacks and cake
This little table was mine when I was little. Since then, Colt has put a new top and seats on it and painted it gray. I've had multiple people ask me where I got it though. I tell them they are out of luck.
Kinley and Jacob's little boy, Cohen
Davallen helping Kinley keep up with the big kids
Kinley was all about the water slide that day. Cohen...not so much. He spent his time in the little pool instead. This was the only time Kinley joined him, and it didn't last too long.
I had to get in on the action. Colt tested it out after the party too.
Colt, Grandma Linda, Nicci and Tooter
Drying off in her flamingo towel and playing with her balloons... she was due for her regular nap and getting sleepy.
Our best attempt at a family picture that day... she was way too busy to take a picture with us.
Birthday present time
She got entirely too much, as always.
After presents, Dad changed her and brought her back in Minnie Mouse pajamas. I think he thought she might nap soon, but that wasn't happening.
She wasn't done playing in the water though so we ended up back in another swimsuit. We went through so many outfit changes that day!
Kinley with her Gerald and Allison's little girl, Hensley
Here's a little video of Kinley telling some of the last guests, Gerald, Allison and Hensley, bye.
Can you tell she's worn out from all her partying?!
She had to check out all her new presents again before she went to bed though. I had a friend recommend this balance bike to me. My mom and dad got it for her, and it's definitely been a hit. The back wheels go in and out for when she learns how to balance. It didn't take her long at all to pick up on it, and she has rode that thing like crazy ever since she got it.
Toys galore
2 years... now it's actually been 2 1/2 since I'm so behind on post... and it's went so fast! We love our girl, and we are glad that everyone got to come to our house to celebrate her!








































No comments:
Post a Comment