My dad turned 70 the day after Christmas. He kinda kept hinting that 70 was a big deal to him, and my mom also kept hinting about throwing him a surprise party. I didn't immediately jump to help plan it because we live so far away (and I had a 6 month old). Last minute, my mom and I were talking and she decided to go ahead and throw him one. I made an invitation and invited most people via Facebook. Then my mom just called everyone else. I brought some decorations down and we helped setup a little that morning. My Aunt Ann and one of my mom's neighbors ended up helping out quite a bit. It turned out good. I'm not sure if it really surprised him or not, but I know that it made my dad happy that everyone came out to celebrate him!
I was busy keeping up with Kinley the whole time so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. My mom was busy talking to everyone so she didn't get any either. I had to steal all these pictures from my cousin, Linda.
Ideally we would've taken more pictures of my dad with all the kids, but that didn't happen. He had a good time though so that's all that matters!
The actual tables were all decorated with burlap, mason jars, and pictures of my dad over the years.

Kinley and I before heading up to the party.
Our best attempt at a group picture with me holding Tenison, Jennifer with Heston and Heath holding Kinley. We had several outtakes. There was no way to get all three of them to look at the camera at the same time.
Heath's little family
Another of Mom and Dad
My Dad with my Uncle Butch
My Aunt Sally, my dad's sister, passed away a few years ago but both her sons, Rusty and Bart, were able to make it.
Joe and Leighann with my Dad
And Leighann, Kinley and I
There were several other family members, my dad's friends and neighbors there that we didn't get pictures of too. We weren't sure how many people would be able to come since it was the day after Christmas, but almost everyone that was invited came. I'm so glad there was such a good turnout! It definitely made him feel good, and I think it made his 70th a little more special.
The weather ended up getting a little crazy after my dad's party so we decided to go ahead and head back after it was over to try to avoid the worst of some of the storms that were supposed to hit. This was right before we hopped in the car to leave. Our trip home that night ended up being a long and scary one with a pit stop in Forney! You can read where I previously posted about that here. To sum it up though, I'm very thankful that we exited and went to Forney instead of continuing on I-30.













No comments:
Post a Comment