Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

July 22-28th

I started the week of July 22nd off with an office! I got to pack up my things the Thursday before and while I was off on Friday, they moved me in. That first week or two my office was empty and bare, especially before I got chairs. However, I mentioned decorating to Colt and he passed the word along to his mom and now I am taken care of to say the least! I will do a whole separate post with pics on that. I am loving having an office though. I feel like I get so much more done now and have a lot less distractions.. most days. 

Friday night, the 26th, Colt and I worked out and then ending up watching the movie Mud. It was pretty good but a little slow at parts. 

Saturday morning Colt had to study for his boards since it was the last weekend before so I went to the free workout at the gym.  It was a fun one with a little relay warm up and then a deck of cards team workout. 

After the workout, I went grocery shopping. Then Saturday night we went to Chris and Leslie's to watch the CrossFit games and eat fajitas. We had a good time, and I am sad that they moved. I will definitely miss those two at the gym. 

Sunday afternoon, I had Julie's baby shower in Dallas. On the way there I stopped at Kirklands in Mesquite to look around for possible office decor. I ended up buying a huge picture that was on sale. Of course it wouldn't fit in my car so I had to call Colt for pickup. I had planned on us going back and getting it later but he went and picked it up for me while I was gone. I didn't tell him how big it really was (and acted like it might actually come close to fitting in my car) so he wasn't prepared. He had the bed of his truck full and had to cram it in the cab of his truck. I ended up not taking the picture to my office either because I think it will look good in our office at home so it is sitting in there waiting to be hung up. 

I had collected money at work for a group gift for Julie so before the shower, I picked up Laura and we went shopping. It took a little longer than we planned but we ended up with a ton of great stuff and weren't too late to the shower! Julie had a great shower. I'm excited for her and can't wait to see if she is having a boy or a girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment