Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

St. Thomas - July 8th

Monday was our last day of vacation. We had to drop our rental car off at 3 that afternoon and our flight was leaving at 4:35. That morning we went to the main beach to lay out and snorkel one last time. We snorkeled to the left over in the grassy area, and we ended up seeing a sting ray with a barb or tail that was about 8 foot long.  

We went back up the the room around lunch to clean up, pack and eat lunch. For lunch we cleaned out the fridge and had sandwiches and leftovers. Once we loaded up the jeep, we went ahead and headed towards the airport. 

We did a lot of reading that last day at the airport and on the plane. I finished another book, Edge of Never and Colt did a lot of studying and read his Game of Thrones book. I love my ipad mini I won from work by the way!

When we were leaving the St. Thomas airport, the guy at the security checkpoint started talking to Colt and I. He said we looked like couple that worked out and we went on to tell him that we did CrossFit. When Colt asked him if he'd ever heard of it, he said he actually did it and had done it that morning. Evidently there was a CrossFit St. Thomas not far from where we stayed. I didn't think they would have one there. I wish we would've known before we were leaving because we would have probably dropped in and checked it out. If we ever go again, now we know though. 

We had an amazing and relaxing vacation! It's definitely a place we would love to go back to and definitely a place that we would recommend to others. 

This was Alex waiting in the car when Dede and David came to pick us from the airport late Monday night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment