Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

St. Thomas - July 6th

After our busy day in St. John on Friday, we didn't feel like doing too much on Saturday. Colt's feet weren't really up for another full day of snorkeling. We slept in and then stayed in the room and on the balcony all morning reading. We ate grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and pineapple in the room for lunch, and after lunch decided to head to the beach in front of the room. 
Colt can't sit still for very long so after we laid out for a little while, we got in the water and went snorkeling off the beach. This time we went in from the rougher side and snorkeled left out towards the point. 
The current was pretty strong. We went around the point and Colt was holding my hand most of the time. On the way back around the point, I guess I decided I was capable of going off by myself. Colt tells this story much better than me, but I guess I  let go of his hand and started swimming off and heading back... so I thought. Luckily he was following me because I headed straight into the rocks. By the time I realized it, the water was so rough and was hitting the rocks so hard that there was pure bubbles everywhere and I couldn't see anything! Colt said I turned around and looked at him and my eyes were as big as watermelons! He grabbed for my hand and evidently I pulled back because I was freaking out a little bit. I was trying to breathe and I was trying to figure out a way to get out! He grabbed my hand again and just yanked me out of there. I think I had a semi-anxiety attack. Needless to say I was nervous and a little wound up afterwards! 

Saturday night we watched a wedding on the point from our balcony, and we ordered pizza and got it delivered to the room for dinner. 
I'm pretty sure that's some of the rocks I ended up in earlier that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment